The Cross-Border Ecommerce Community (CBEC) enables Merchants, Payment Service Providers, ISOs and Acquiring Banks to access valuable content about mature and developing markets that can support strategic decision-making. Read more
More to be found in the Cross-border Ecommerce Report – Canada
Find out more about online payment methods in Canada and how to increase conversion.
Domestic and Preferred Credit Card Schemes
• MasterCard is the preferred credit card scheme in Canada, with 53.6% share.
Alternative Payment Methods
• Instadebit: a secure online payment method that lets customers pay for purchases through online banking.
• Interac Online: allows customers to pay for goods and services over the internet by using funds directly from their bank accounts. Because no financial information is shared with the online merchant, the Interac Online service is more secure than online credit card payments. This service, an Interac branded service operated by Acxsys Corporation, began in 2005 and is expanding as more merchants choose to participate.
• PayPal: an online payments and money transfer service that allows customers to send money via email, phone, text message or Skype. Founded in 1998, PayPal offers products to both individuals and businesses alike, including online vendors, auction websites and corporate users.
• Prepaid Card: a payment card with monetary value stored into it, without maintaining an account with a bank.
• Prepaid Voucher: an electronic stored value voucher, which could be redeemed through SMS and be transferred instantly in a user’s account for immediate use.
Read an in-depth overview (including sources) of card schemes, alternative payment methods, online payment methods in Canada and how to increase conversion by using the payment methods in the downloadable country report.
The Paypers. All rights reserved. No part of this site can be reproduced
without explicit permission of The Paypers(V2.3).