The Cross-Border Ecommerce Community (CBEC) enables Merchants, Payment Service Providers, ISOs and Acquiring Banks to access valuable content about mature and developing markets that can support strategic decision-making. Read more
Find out more about online payment methods in France and how to increase conversion.
• Domestic and Preferred card schemes
Of the three main credit card schemes in France, MasterCard, Visa and Cartes Bancaires, Cartes Bancaires takes the largest proportion at 52.5%.
• Alternative Payment Methods
• Allopass: specialises in pay-per-phone and pay-per-SMS (text message) payment methods. It enables website’s customers to purchase via mobile and landline, and empowers website owners to reach users who can’t or don’t want to pay with a credit card.
• Bank transfers: ("virement bancaire").
• Cash on Delivery: the customer would pay for the goods at the date of the delivery using cash.
• CM-CIC Paiement: online payments for small businesses, as well as international ecommerce sites operating in several languages and currencies.
• Hipay: e-wallet solution of the European digital media group Hi-Media Payments.
• Moneo: electronic purse system available on French bankcards to allow small purchases to be made without cash. The system is aimed at small retailers such as bakeries and cafés, and are intended for purchases of less than EUR 30.
• PayPal: online payments and money transfer service that allows you to send money via email, phone, text message or Skype. Founded in 1998, PayPal offers products to both individuals and businesses alike, including online vendors, auction sites and corporate users.
• Paysafecard: European provider of payment processing services. In August 2013, the company unveiled that 150,000 of its European customers used the new my paysafecard online account. My paysafecard allows customers to manage their paysafecard PINs via an online account. Instead of having to enter individual PINs for each payment, the online account enables customers to pay with their unique user name and password.
• Slimpay: enable merchants to offer subscriptions to customers and to receive recurring payments. It encourages subscriptions by providing a simple, multilingual and multichannel experience. Subscriptions increase customer loyalty and reduce the risks of payment incidents by offering secure payments via direct debit or by combining direct debit and bank card payment. SlimPay is an authorised payment institution.
Read an in-depth overview (including sources) of card schemes, alternative payment methods, online payment methods in France and how to increase conversion by using the payment methods in the downloadable country report.
The Paypers. All rights reserved. No part of this site can be reproduced
without explicit permission of The Paypers(V2.3).