The Cross-Border Ecommerce Community (CBEC) enables Merchants, Payment Service Providers, ISOs and Acquiring Banks to access valuable content about mature and developing markets that can support strategic decision-making. Read more
More to be found in the Cross-border Ecommerce Report – Poland
Find out more about online payment methods in Poland and how to increase conversion here.
Domestic and Preferred Card Schemes
• Visa has the majority share of the credit card market in Poland, followed by MasterCard. American Express is also present but represents a very small share.
Alternative Payment Methods
• Bank Transfer Initiated on the Internet: a payment made by customers via their bank’s electronic banking service (when a customer chooses to pay via this method they have to visit their bank’s website, logs into their account and initiates a bank transfer to the merchant’s account).
• Online e-payment: a commonly referred to as “e-transfer” or “Pay-By-Link” among Polish payment service providers; it is similar to Bank Transfer Initiated on the Internet but with added convenience and functionality for both merchant and customer.
• Bank Transfer Initiated in a different way: a mostly payments made by customers at bank counter or through post office.
• Virtual Payment Service: a mostly an international e-wallet service provider such as PayPal and Skrill.
• Premium SMS: a method where mobile phone is used to make micropayments to paid internet or mobile services such as digital downloads and paid digital contents or information (i.e. ringtones, music download, betting, games etc.).
• Cash Payment to Shop’s account, other methods: a form of payment where customers pick up their order and pay it in person while other methods are all the other methods not specified in the list.
• PayU Express: a recently launched new generation e-transfer where users can finish transaction in PayU account by one-click. Transaction is processed through the PayU account and instead of complicated logging in to the bank and several payment confirmation screens on your bank account. Money in the bank account can be used within seconds without logging in to electronic banking.
• Installments online: the first Polish system of online installments was introduced by PayU and Allegro.
Read an in-depth overview (including sources) of card schemes, alternative payment methods, online payment methods in Poland and how to increase conversion by using the payment methods in the downloadable country report.
The Paypers. All rights reserved. No part of this site can be reproduced
without explicit permission of The Paypers(V2.3).