The Cross-Border Ecommerce Community (CBEC) enables Merchants, Payment Service Providers, ISOs and Acquiring Banks to access valuable content about mature and developing markets that can support strategic decision-making. Read more
More to be found in the Cross-border Ecommerce Report – Spain
Find out more about online payment methods in Spain and how to increase conversion here.
Domestic and Preferred Card Schemes
The most popular card schemes in Spain are Visa and MasterCard, with 57.1% and 39.9% share, respectively.
Alternative Payment Methods
• Allopass: since February 2006, Allopass has been a subsidiary of the group Hi-media, a provider of interactive marketing solutions and online payments. Hi-media, founded in 1996, is an internet media group, electronic micro-payments and the European leader in interactive advertising.
• Cash-on-Delivery: the customer would pay for the goods at the date of the delivery.
• Domiciliacion Bancaria (Direct Debit): there should be a mandate that authorizes a merchant to the bank that allows the said entity to directly withdraw from a person’s bank account.
• Hipay Wallet: produced by HPME, which is a Belgian company, accredited by the NBB (ex CBFA) (Banking, Financial and Assurance commission), HPME is a subsidiary of the Hi-Media Group, created in 2008 and dedicated to the electronic wallet.
• PayPal: founded in 1998, it is an online service that allows you to send money via e-mail, phone, text message and/or Skype. PayPal offers products to both individuals and businesses, including online vendors, auction websites and corporate users.
• SafetyPay: a global online-banking payment solution that enables customers
to make online purchases from merchants worldwide and pay directly through their local bank account and in their local currency.
• Teleingreso: a bank transfer solution that allows consumers to make payments via more than 3,000 ATM machines, 2,000 post offices and 300 retail outlets throughout Spain. It is often used for online gambling. Users do not have to register with it to be able to use it. However, one has to live in Spain to be able to use this method to deposit money into a casino account.
• Trustly: a Swedish technology company, developing and selling online and mobile payment solutions for both B2C and P2P payments. Trustly currently supports Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Poland, Estonia and Spain and are expanding further in Europe. Trustly is a licensed Payment Institution under the supervision of the Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority.
Read an in-depth overview (including sources) of card schemes, alternative payment methods, online payment methods in Spain and how to increase conversion by using the payment methods in the downloadable country report.
The Paypers. All rights reserved. No part of this site can be reproduced
without explicit permission of The Paypers(V2.3).