The Cross-Border Ecommerce Community (CBEC) enables Merchants, Payment Service Providers, ISOs and Acquiring Banks to access valuable content about mature and developing markets that can support strategic decision-making. Read more
More to be found in the Cross-border Ecommerce Report the UK
Find out more about online payment methods in the UK and how to increase conversion.
• Domestic and Preferred Card Schemes
The number of credit cards in the UK is seeing a gradual decline, with under 52 million currently in use, compared to 66.7 million in 2008. MasterCard holds the largest share with 65.4%.
• Alternative payment methods
• Boku is a mobile online payments company. The company is based in San Francisco with offices in Europe, Asia and Latin America.
• ClickandBuy is an ecommerce business that allows payments and money transfers to be made through the Internet. Originally established in 1999 in Cologne, Germany, the company later established operations in the UK with head offices in London and under the regulation of the Financial Services Authority (FSA).
• EasyPay is CQout's 'in house' payment system. CQout is believed to be the third biggest UK eMarketplace.
• Fasterpay is an online banking-based money transfer provider. FasterPay takes advantage of the Faster Payments technology to allow customers to purchase goods and services online without needing to enter their credit or debit card details into numerous websites.
• PayPal is an online payments and money transfer service that allows you to send money via e-mail, phone, text message or Skype. Founded in 1998, PayPal offers products to both individuals and businesses alike, including online vendors, auction websites and corporate users.
• Paysafecard is a European provider of payment processing services. In August 2013, the company unveiled that 150,000 of its European customers use the new My Paysafecard online account. My Paysafecard helps customers to manage their Paysafecard PINs via an online account. Instead of having to enter individual PINs for each payment, the online account enables customers to pay with their unique user name and password.
• PPPay.com is eBid’s 'in house' payment system. eBid believed to be 2nd biggest UK eMarketplace.
• SafetyPay is a global online-banking payment solution that enables customers to make online purchases from merchants worldwide and pay directly through their local bank account and in their local currency.
Read an in-depth overview (including sources) of card schemes, alternative payment methods, online payment methods in the UK and how to increase conversion by using the payment methods in the downloadable country report.
The Paypers. All rights reserved. No part of this site can be reproduced
without explicit permission of The Paypers(V2.3).