The Cross-Border Ecommerce Community (CBEC) enables Merchants, Payment Service Providers, ISOs and Acquiring Banks to access valuable content about mature and developing markets that can support strategic decision-making. Read more
More to be found in the Cross-border Ecommerce Report - The US
Find out more about online payment methods in the US and how to increase conversion
Domestic and Preferred Card Schemes
Visa is the preferred credit card scheme in the US, with 51.2% share.
Alternative Payment Methods
• Affirm: uses modern technology to re-imagine and re-build core components of financial infrastructure from the ground up. The company is focusing on improving the lives of everyday consumers with less expensive, more transparent financial products. Affirm provides affordable ways to buy online that are more flexible and transparent than any other credit option.
• Allied Wallet: a payment processing service for online merchants, enabling them to send and receive international payments. With PCI compliant merchant services, Allied Wallet provides a payment gateway to optimize online transactions for any company.
• Amazon Payments: a way for customers to purchase goods and services from US-based websites using the payment methods in their Amazon.com accounts, such as their Visa or MasterCard. At participating vendors, which include Patagonia and Jockey, users can check out using their Amazon account information without needing to re-enter credit card numbers or shipping addresses. Users can also check out with Amazon's 1 Click.
• Bill Me Later: a marketing technology solutions to multichannel retailers. Bill Me Later enables customers to pay for purchases without providing credit card information. The company supports and delivers a suite of web-engineered payment solutions, and offers consulting services in the areas of payments, risk management, marketing, and technology. As of November 7, 2008, Bill Me Later operates as a subsidiary of eBay.
• Click and Buy: a payment processing gateway and also a virtual account for customers wanting to have security in pursuing online payments using the local currency. Click and Buy supports multiple payment methods, such as Direct Debit, Credit Card, etc.
• Dwolla: a web-based software platform that allows users to send, receive and request funds from any other user. Dwolla’s maximum transaction cost is USD 0.25 per transaction.
• Ebates: rewards consumers with cash back on purchases while also providing access to thousands of coupons, discounts, promotions and special deals, including free shipping at over 2,600 retailers. Free membership allows consumers to shop online at their favorite retailers while earning a percentage of every purchase they make, paid quarterly in the form of a "Big Fat Check" or through PayPal.
Read an in-depth overview (including sources) of card schemes, alternative payment methods, online payment methods in the US and how to increase conversion by using the payment methods in the downloadable country report.
The Paypers. All rights reserved. No part of this site can be reproduced
without explicit permission of The Paypers(V2.3).