The Cross-Border Ecommerce Community (CBEC) enables Merchants, Payment Service Providers, ISOs and Acquiring Banks to access valuable content about mature and developing markets that can support strategic decision-making. Read more
More to be found in the Cross-border Ecommerce Report -Italy
Find out more about online payment methods in Italy and how to increase conversion.
Domestic and Preferred Card Schemes
Visa is the preferred credit card scheme in Italy, with 56.2% share.
Alternative Payment Methods
• Mybank is an e-authorisation solution which enables safe digital payments and identity authentication through a consumer’s own online banking portal or mobile application. It is an infrastructure which facilitates real time ecommerce services between seller and buyer banks across Europe.
• Prepaid Voucher is an electronic stored value voucher, which could be redeemed through SMS and be transferred instantly in a user’s account for immediate use.
• Prepaid Card is a payment card with monetary value stored into it, without maintaining an account with a bank.
• PayPal is an online payments and money transfer service that allows you to send money via e-mail, phone, text message or Skype. Founded in 1998, PayPal offers products to both individuals and businesses alike, including online vendors, auction websites and corporate users.
• Neosurf is a pre-pay voucher payment method. The shopper purchases a voucher from an outlet such as a newsagent. The voucher has a face value and the shopper can make purchases up to the voucher value. Any unused value is retained on the voucher for future use.
Read an in-depth overview (including sources) of card schemes, alternative payment methods, online payment methods in Italy and how to increase conversion by using the payment methods in the downloadable country report.
The Paypers. All rights reserved. No part of this site can be reproduced
without explicit permission of The Paypers(V2.3).