The Cross-Border Ecommerce Community (CBEC) enables Merchants, Payment Service Providers, ISOs and Acquiring Banks to access valuable content about mature and developing markets that can support strategic decision-making. Read more
Detailed information to be found in the Cross-border Ecommerce Report - Japan
Find out more about the most relevant payment service providers, payment gateway services and processors in Japan.
• 2Checkout: a global online payment processing service that helps customers accept credit cards, PayPal and debit cards.
• BrainTree: an online payment processing services developer. Its global payment platform processes more than USD 10 billion annually. Merchants in more than 40 countries throughout North America, Europe and Australia can accept payments in more than 130 currencies using Braintree.
• Chase Paymentech: an international payment-processing service provider for merchants. The company offers point-of-sale payment, online payment processing and mobile payment processing solutions. It provides merchants with various payment methods, such as credit and debit cards, gift cards, purchase cards, business cards, international payments, prepaid payments, online payments, recurring payments and electronic check processing.
• CyberSource: a global payment gateway and merchant services provider that is focused on the active management of the payment process from payment acceptance to order screening, through reconciliation and payment security.
• Digital Garage: together with its subsidiaries, it provides information technology solutions in Japan. It operates through three segments: incubation, marketing and payment.
• eContext: a Japan-based company primarily involved in the provision of payment and distribution services under the name e-context gateway, for ecommerce (EC) operators.
• Litle&Co: a Vantiv company, powers payment processing for companies that sell directly to consumers through internet retail, online services, and direct response marketing and multichannel retail.
• NTT Data Corporation: a provider of IT services in Japan. Offerings include consulting, systems integration and IT outsourcing for major financial, public administration and enterprise sectors. NTT DATA Group has established a global support network that covers 71 cities in 24 countries worldwide.
• PacNetServices: provides international payment processing services for the direct response industry. It offers payment-processing services, such as check processing, check scanning, direct debit processing, local electronic payments and refunds.
• PayPal: a global payment service provider that allows businesses and end-users to accept and receive payments over the internet through different payment methods.
• Webpay: a Japan-based payment processing platform established in May 2013 which accepts mostly credit card transactions with support to several card schemes.
• WorldPay: a financial technology company, specialising in payment processing around the globe. With offices in the UK, Europe, US and Asia, the company supports 120 currencies. The company processes face-to-face credit and debit card transactions, as well as online and phone payments, federal income tax and electronic benefits payments and ATM transactions.
Read the entire information (including sources) about payment service providers, online payments, payment gateways, processors in Japan the downloadable country report.
The Paypers. All rights reserved. No part of this site can be reproduced
without explicit permission of The Paypers(V2.3).