The Cross-Border Ecommerce Community (CBEC) enables Merchants, Payment Service Providers, ISOs and Acquiring Banks to access valuable content about mature and developing markets that can support strategic decision-making. Read more
Detailed information to be found in the Cross-border Ecommerce Report - Mexico
Find out more about the most relevant payment service providers, payment gateway services and processors in Mexico here.
Providing payment services is very new in Mexico. In March 2014, Banxico published the Payment Provisions that regulates the credit and debit card payment networks and identified the different players. According to this, the main PSPs in Mexico are the following:
• allpago - accept payments in LATAM, provides the most relevant local payment methods in Latin America through one API and one single platform. Allpago is a trusted advisor for merchants on conversion rates and the legal support necessary for a successful ecommerce operation. Current clients include Art.com, Getty Images, Intel Security McAfee, Norton Symantec, Paylogic, Sumup, Teamviewer and many other leading payment and digital companies.
• BanWire is a Mexican online and mobile payment service provider. BanWire enables merchants to accept online and mobile payments from their customers through several payment methods. These payment methods are: card payments, cash (payment via OXXO box store, a type of convenience store payment) and bank transfer. Value added services include customised anti-fraud solution to reduce fraudulent transactions.
• Conekta is a payment systems provider that was founded in 2011. Conekta provides merchants with online payment acceptance through multiple payment methods such as credit cards (VISA, MasterCard), debit cards, cash payment (OXXO and Banorte) and installment payments via HSBC, Banorte and Santander.
• DineroMail is an Argentinian payment service provider that was founded in 2003. In 2011 DineroMail was acquired by PayU, a payment service provider owned by the Naspers Group. DineroMail has operations in Argentina, Brazil, Chile and Mexico. DineroMail provides payment solutions to sellers and merchants.
• Mercado Pago, a payment solutions provider owned by MercadoLibre, the largest ecommerce ecosystem in Latin America. Mercado Pago provides diverse payments solutions to merchants and end-users. Merchants can accept online payments through credit, or debit cards, OXXO (convenience store payment), or bank transfer.
• PayPal is a global payment service provider that allows businesses and end-users to accept and receive payments over the internet through different payment methods.
Read the entire information (including sources) about payment service providers, online payments, payment gateways, processors in Mexico in the downloadable country report.
The Paypers. All rights reserved. No part of this site can be reproduced
without explicit permission of The Paypers(V2.3).