The Cross-Border Ecommerce Community (CBEC) enables Merchants, Payment Service Providers, ISOs and Acquiring Banks to access valuable content about mature and developing markets that can support strategic decision-making. Read more
Detailed information to be found in the Cross-border Ecommerce Report – South Africa
Find out more about the most relevant PSPs, payment gateway services and processors in South Africa here.
• iVeri: iVeri provides a payment gateway that supports multiple-channel card acceptance, MicroBank+ for a turnkey agency/branchless banking solution and MiBank for a personal banking solution that allows account holders to use a range of communication channels to access their bank accounts.
• MyGate: MyGate is one of Africa’s largest online payment gateways. Based in Cape Town, the company serves merchants throughout Africa, such as DSTV, Naspers, HomeChoice, etc. Processing methods provided include online, MOTO, recurring payments and debit orders.
• Pay4It: A subsidiary of REDi Internet Services, Pay4It is a one-stop-shop for all ecommerce requirements that offers a full portfolio of web design and development services in addition to its payment gateway service.
• PayFast: PayFast is a payments processing service for South Africans and South African websites. With PayFast, buyers can make secure and instant online payments to sellers for goods and services. The payments are kept in the seller's PayFast account. When the seller requests a payout, the money is transferred to their bank account. PayFast processes MasterCard and Visa credit cards, Instant EFT, Ukash, credit facility mobicred and Bitcoin.
• PayU: PayU is a mobile and online payment service provider that enables and empowers businesses and individuals in the Middle East and Africa to safely transact and easily participate in the economy.
• Peach Payments: Peach Payments provides payment solutions to online and mobile businesses enabling them to easily accept payments from consumers in Africa. The company’s payments solution enables merchants to accept payments across all their channels including their website, mobile website and their mobile apps (iOS, Android etc.).
• Setcom: Setcom has been providing secure online credit card processing to hundreds of South African ecommerce websites since 1998, such as the AA, First Car Rental, the University of Pretoria and Vox Datapro etc.
• SID: Setcom launched SID Instant EFT in 2007 as a payment alternative to a credit card. Thus, SID Payment is an assisted EFT that allows the customer to make payment directly to a merchant using their existing internet banking facility, and deposits are made in real-time.
Read the entire information (including sources) about payment service providers, online payments, payment gateways, processors in South Africa in the downloadable country report.
The Paypers. All rights reserved. No part of this site can be reproduced
without explicit permission of The Paypers(V2.3).