Sign up for The Paypers newsletter Follow The Paypers on LinkedIn Follow The Paypers on Twitter Follow The Paypers on Facebook Follow The Paypers on Google +
The Paypers, paypers, Insight in payments, News, Reports, Events
 advertisement
Online & Mobile Banking

Nordea Norway switches to DNB's Vipps from Danske Mobilepay

Thursday 12 October 2017 | 09:45 AM CET

Nordea has announced that will offer rival DNB’s mobile payment app to customers in Norway instead of Danske Bank’s Mobilepay. 

Although Nordea’s Norwegian unit had partnered with Danske’s Mobilepay, consumer adoption of Vipps determined the bank to change its strategy. Copenhagen-based Danske Bank said it would no longer offer the Mobilepay service to Norwegian customers, and that it would instead seek a distribution deal with DNB.

The Vipps app currently has 2.6 million users and said it aims to hit 3.5 million in 2018. Norway has a population of about 5.3 million.

In February, Vipps announced a takeover of smaller Norwegian rival mCash, leaving DNB with a 52 % stake while a group of more than 100 smaller banks would own the remaining 48%. Nordea will not take a stake in Vipps.

More: Link
 advertisement
 advertisement
 advertisement
 advertisement